1/10/09

"Wow... there's a reason I stopped doing that..."

Do you ever look back on silly, juvenile, yet very entertaining things you did in elementary and/or middle school..... and once in a blue moon take part in such activities for old times sake? Maybe it's playing Tetris on your original Gameboy... or eating ice cream and watching old cartoons on dvd... or maybe even building a fort out of sheets & clothes pins??

Well last night... a small posse & myself were rather bored after a rousing evening @ Aroma's playing cards (boredom is definitely NOT a good thing with us... especially since it's rare). We decided to make our way over to a nearby park and see what we could come up with to pass the time.

Well... one of those "silly, juvenile, yet very entertaining" things came up in our brainstorming of ideas... and being the stupid guys we are when around each other... we decided to ring some doorbells in a nearby neighborhood & scurry away like foolish young children, and then call it a night after such seemingly harmless nostalgiac fun. 3 houses later, we decided to head back to our cars. Our dumb fun was over, and it was cold outside. As we drew near to the path back to the park, I glanced over at a brightly-lit house to my right. In that very moment, I decided it would be more fun to have to run back to the park rather than casually stroll. With that spur-of-the-moment thought, I bolted for the house to quickly ring once more. In short, it was the worst timing possible... because a woman was coming out of the front door right when I neared the front stoop... screamed bloody murder when she saw me frolicking towards her house... slammed the door in sheer terror... and I hauled butt the other way in total shock & bewilderment.

I still feel completely horrible for probably scaring this poor woman half-to-death. There's no way she didn't call the police after locking herself in a room... tightly gripping some sort of blunt-force object. I don't blame her... at all. Hopefully the fear & confusion will subside so she can get a peaceful night's sleep very soon.... because I get the sinking feeling she is rather traumatized.

So uh.... yeah... there's definitely a reason I stopped doing that.

If you have a less-moronic story of a recent time when you took part in something you enjoyed from your youth, then by all means shaaaaare away. And of course... if its of equal-or-greater stupidity in comparison to mine... then definitely share that tale.

5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

hahahaha....oh my. let me think,i'll get back to you, as i do stupid things occassionally.

Rob said...

Jake, right now there is a woman who is either writing a story on her blog or telling her friends this story...and it goes something like this. I was going out to Aromas to meet some friends. When I walked out of my door a crazy looking man was coming at me. I screamed, slammed the door, and hid under my bed all night gripping a baseball bat.

jake (to the) holla said...

and maybe.. just maybe... I'm unintentionally helping out the business of a security-system company... 'cuz hey, they definitely just got a new customer

Josh said...

Wow...just, wow.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. Well several months ago some friends and I decided to "TP" someone's house. Well we realized it was actually quite a lot of work to do that so we just threw the unrolled rolls on their lawn. Unfortunately, there lawn is a hill, so all the rolls ended up in the street in a drain. Utter failure. I guess I had way more valueless time when I was younger. But before the night is over I'm going to build a indestructible fortress, made of blankets and chairs.