1/11/09

the joys of television

I've kept away from TV for the majority of the past month or so (which isn't saying much.... it's only because my shows have been in the rerun-phase for the holiday season)... but today marked a return to the couch.

After church, I set up camp & watched 2 episodes of the New Detectives, then The Karate Kid III (while updating my music library with the likes of Warrant (see previous post), Europe, the Wedding, and more), re-fueled on snacks, watched some pre-Golden-Globe coverage, then night one of the 24 season-premiere (2 hours tonight, 2 more hours tomorrow night)

Also, while catching my breathe during a commercial break for 24.... I had a moment of celebration when reading that Ledger posthumously won the Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor......... well-deserved is a ridiculous understatement.

Welp... that is all. Just felt like providing a brief update on my lazy Sunday afternoon/evening.

Any thoughts on the Golden Globes and/or the first half of 24's season premiere??

4 comments:

Josh Haynes said...

Karate Kid III... Did I ever watch that? When in doubt watch it again. That's my January 11th motto.

jake (to the) holla said...

i'm a fan of that motto

Brian Miller said...

KK III, really? Ledger all the way. Did not see 24...good?

jake (to the) holla said...

ha yes... all 3 kk movies were on abc family today. only caught part III. and YES, 24 was amazing. i was worried from the previews, but it followed through with the necessary twists & intensity