1/23/09

techno. viking.

Have you ever come across a video while browsing Youtube that really makes you wonder about a person's life story? This video made it's rounds 2-ish years ago... and wow, it really makes me curious as to who this guy is. I had forgotten about this video until today, so I thought I'd bring it back for any newcomers.. and definitely for those of you who had also forgotten about this video gem.

(in case you've never experienced Techno Viking... then you MUST watch this)



What do YOU think the real back-story behind this video is?
I'll post what I think in the replies.

3 comments:

jake (to the) holla said...

here's what I think.... Techno Viking is essentially the real-life pied piper. he's a freelance dance-master who, instead of using a flute, uses his mesmerizing dance moves to hypnotize the crowd into following him like mice. the Swedish government (I assume this is in some crazy European country... Sweden, Germany, Turkey, etc) will hire him to go into dangerous problem areas.. where gangs or hoods are disturbing the peace... and he puts them into a trance with his manly gyrations & dance-tastic precision and leads them away from the village/town so they can return to a state of peaceful calm.

Rob said...

Funny video. I've never seen that. It does raise some questions.
1. Why does it take so long for him to come into scene...what's he waiting for?
2. Is it choreographed? I mean some parts look like no one is paying attention and yet other parts seem scripte. The guy handing him water after the near fight was a nice touch.
3. Why does the camera leave Viking guy to look at someone sitting in a some type of carriage?
4. Why don't more people make videos like this so I can laugh?

Brian Miller said...

Hot video...After watching I have booked a flight to go and follow him around. My new life aspiration is to be the guy that gives him water and whatever the piece of paper was he tore up.