1/17/09

"poetic" blogs > sleep

gotta love inspiration to blog @ almost-3am. brian miller's latest blog reminded me of this poem-of-sorts that I wrote back in December '07. so uh... enjoy? feedback is fun.

-from the facebook note "some 'poetic' randomness"
(Sunday, December 23, 2007 at 1:12am)

well i sleep away the sunlight
(or dream away the rest)
more time wasted than time well spent
(or vice versa?)
drag me outta bed and change my routine
(real breakfast is so rare these days)
let's stop talking up grand schemes
(and listing off ideas)
reality needs what's been kept on paper
(stop wasting trees and start climbing them)
the bruises, the scars, and the broken bones
(beat the worries, the sighs, and the bloodshot eyes)
lets sing our faces off and dance til we're numb
(the kind of moments you truly feel your pulse)
just catch me on a good day
(and i'll spend it all with you)

4 comments:

Rob said...

Nice. One theme I have gathered from reading your blog is that you don't sleep a lot...at least not at night. What up with that?

jake (to the) holla said...

haha i still haven't broken the habit of being up late after the old work schedule of getting off @ 1am or later.... would it be considered insomnia even if i have no problem falling asleep (once i drag myself away from the laptop, tv, or comics) ??

Brian Miller said...

Nice. Thanks for the blog love as well. All for singing our face off and dancing until numb....

jake (to the) holla said...

yessss those are definitely up there on my list of fave things to do