1/3/09

cinematic excellence of '09

Every year... I look ahead to all the movies coming in the year that strike me as something to be excited for. Obviously this past year I was hyped the most for The Dark Knight... but movies like Iron Man, Hellboy II, Kung Fu Panda, Cloverfield, and others definitely filled out the rest of the year quite well.


As far as this year goes, here's just a few of the standouts:


Watchmen (March 6th, 2009)

(One of the most widely-acclaimed graphic novels... made into film. The bar has been set high, so this one has alot to live up to.... AND of course I'm worried about the Warner Bros/Fox legal battle over copyright claims.... I just hope it comes out on time...)
*gaze upon the trailer here


X-Men Origins: Wolverine (May 1st, 2009)

(I really hope this one lives up to it's potential to be an epic comic book movie.... but as long as it's better than X-Men 3, I'll be satisfied)
*official site w/ the teaser trailer


Star Trek (May 8th, 2009)

(I have almost zero interest in Star Trek...... and this looks AMAZING.... so that says alot for the phenomenal cast, cinematography, and everything else involved)
*beam yourself over to view the trailer


Terminator Salvation (May 22nd, 2009)

(I'm looking forward to this one... because 1) Christian Bale is the man, and 2) just watch the trailer.... it looks wicked cool)
*watchify the glorious preview here

4 comments:

Brian Miller said...

The wolverine teaser looks great! JJAbrams on Star Trek...oh yeah. Rumors have swirled of two remakes that would peak my interst...Flash Gordon and Clash of the Titans.

Josh Haynes said...

Watchmen is gonna be so intense. Someone needs to go punch Fox in the face.

jake (to the) holla said...

brian, i've heard faint whispers about such remakes.... but not enough recently to have any back-up info

and josh, YES. couldnt agree more.

Anonymous said...

Star Trek will be Epic. I'm so stoked about that movie it's sad. Seriously I about died when I saw the full Trailer and the "real" Spock at the end.

I could go on forever so I'll stop. :)

Wolverine = Epic #2