1/16/09

time for an old-fashioned duel

The clock strikes noon.

Back to back.

10 paces in opposite directions.

Reach for the gun.

And.... come to a mutual agreement?


Rather than end their dispute with bloodshed & tears.... the dust settled and the two opposing forces decided to make a deal, allowing their mutual interest to remain untouched.

I should probably mention that I'm referring to Warner Bros. & Fox finally coming to an agreement over their disputed claims of the upcoming Watchmen movie. Warner Bros will still release the movie on March 6th, 2009, as originally planned. It seems some money was thrown Fox's way, with a supposed percentage going to them from the box office... but the movie & additional rights will remain in WB's possession.

You're either rejoicing right now... or haven't a clue and/or interest in what I'm talking about... but hey, that's okay too.

Go watch last night's episode of The Office (if you haven't already) for another type of duel.... Dwight versus Andy.

side-note:
I have Tombstone in my possession, and plan on watching it very very soon. Props to Rob for bringing this movie back to my attention

3 comments:

Josh said...

Let the citizens rejoice, for the battle is over and the two kingdoms are now at piece.

Also, I'll be your huckleberry.

Brian Miller said...

Nice. I do like a good western duel every once in a while. Let me know when you plan to hit watchmen, maybe we can hang out. Tombstone...classic.

Anonymous said...

1.Yay for Watchman (I've become obsessed with it)
2.Tombstone is the most LEGIT cowboy movie ever. :)

*high five*