1/28/09

tattered & worn out






















If you've been around me enough, you know I tend to wear my shoes to the bitter end. While one person looks at that top pair and thinks "wow.... those look like absolute crap. buy new shoes! NOW!".... I look at them and think of all the stories that go along with every tear & fray & faded color. All the concerts spent jumping around & having my feet stepped on..... every tree climbed with less & less grip, and rock hiked across while exploring.... the countless sections of pavement/sidewalk/grass that i've ran upon... and so much more.

These new shoes only make me wonder what stories will go along with the inevitable destruction-over-time.... and I couldn't be more excited

4 comments:

Brian Miller said...

Nice. Shoes capture so many memories. I recently dropped my sandals ceremoniously intot he dumpster after 10 years. Broke my heart. They don't make them anymore so one day I hope to find something similar.

jake (to the) holla said...

yowch that is tragic..... sometimes, with both shoes & sunglasses, I wish I'd bought 2 pairs in case that style is discontinued.... but I never do

Laura Kaye said...

they served you well. may your others bring you twice as much concert hopping

Josh Haynes said...

I dig the classic vans. Live long and prosper, dear shoes.