12/9/08

Moments to cherish

So I got to thinking earlier... just reflecting on the past couple days.. and I started listing off strange/humorous little moments that I experienced from the weekend up until today


*I went with some youth from church to Chuck E Cheese on Saturday to bask in the childish fun of skee ball & other ticket-winning games.... and while playing a dinosaur-themed coin-drop game, I was kicked in the shin by a 5 year old. For no apparent reason. Definitely had to laugh that one off.... kids these days. He just scampered off to do whatever else he was dead-set on doing.

*During the same Chuck E Cheese adventure, I was accosted by another small child... this time verbally. I was in mid-game trying to hit the jackpot on another coin-drop game, and the kid steps up onto the platform with me and boldly demands "Yo, gimme a token" and puts his hand out. Really? Seeeeriously?? I just laughed and kept playing. In some cases I can relate.. remembering how I acted as kid... but stuff like this? Nope, sorry.. can't relate.. therefore I can't justify it in my mind.

*While passing the newly re-modeled Zoom's gas station here in Poquoson, I did a double-take when I noticed a man dressed as a clown dancing in between 2 of the pumps. I'm talkin' giant shoes, red nose, plaid clothes... the works, if you will. I'm surprised I didn't wreck as I tried to soak in the brief glimpse as I kept on driving

*Earlier today in the Farm Fresh parking lot, I was sitting in the car shuffling through cd's before I cranked the ignition.. when an older gentleman decided to attempt to squeeze his shopping cart in between the front of my car and the back of his. Clearly there wasn't enough room... but he tried anyway, and nailed the front of my car.. enough to make the car shake back & forth for a sec. Yet again... I just had to shake my head and laugh. I vaguely recall saying "what a weirdo" out loud.. not sure if the windows were down or not.


Welp that's all for now, I might think of more... it just seems this week has seen an all-time high in random amusing moments like these. Anybody else have any interesting experiences over the past couple days?

3 comments:

Brian Miller said...

I love these moments...Got a text from my wife today that my 4 year old was break dancing to metallica. Unfortunately, the other one was in the bath so no pics.

Anonymous said...

I was working and these two younger kids came up to me and unzipped their hoodies and said "wanna party" and started to dance beside me. I looked at them laughed then walked behind the counter.

Fun stuff. I would've liked to have seen that clown.

jake (to the) holla said...

brian that's hilarious. little kids dancing to just about anything is always amusing... especially with how into it they can get.

cassie, i wish i took a picture.. or at least stopped to investigate this clown situation closer haha.... SO weird