12/14/08

avast! the seas be treacherous


















On Wednesday, I fly out of Norfolk with the fam to Florida to meet up with my aunts, uncles, & cousins on my dad's side o' the fam. From there we'll be boarding the Royal Caribbean cruise ship & conquering the high seas in luxurious style. Along the way we'll be invading Nassau & the cruise liner's private island in the Bahamas (Cococay Island). This is my first cruise ever... pretty excited, but also rather curious about what to expect. Have you ever been on a cruise? Captivate me with any crazy/funny/interesting stories regarding your experiences, and any pro-tips about what to do/what to see/where to go would be quite excellent as well!

3 comments:

Designer Rob Russo said...

I do have one tip from a friend. I haven't been on a cruise myself to test it so I don't know if it works. This is to get your sea legs, even if you think you don't/won't get seasick.

Immediately go to some nice deck front and center and relatively high up where you can look out. Get a nice view of the ocean/horizon, etc. Just take it all in for about 20 minutes or so. You might be excited to get to the slot machines or the lobster buffet, but these few minutes in the beginning, apparently, will help you get used to the rocking back and forth and overall movement of the boat.

Have fun. And if you take the cruise you have pictured, tell the captain to watch out for that big hole in the ocean!

Brian Miller said...

I will qualify by saying I have only been once, but our cruise was great. Food whenever you want, there is always something going on.

One evening when we were watching the sunset, a huge gust of wind blew a pool chair off the deck overhead and we watched the poor chair drown in the ocean. Random, maybe you should not expect such excitement.

Have fun!

Terrace Crawford said...

I'm borderline coveting. again.
Have fun bro.

--Terrace Crawford
http://www.terracecrawford.com
http://www.twitter.com/terracecrawford