12/25/08

Christmas (cover) music

The cover song. It can be an amazing way to pay homage to a classic artist, or it can simply be a wasted effort... not even coming close to the original. Let's narrow it down to Christmas music. What's your favorite re-done classic Christmas song, made new by a current singer/band? List a couple if you can't narrow it down... cuz I surely can't.

Here's my list :

*Rocking Around the Christmas Tree - Cartel
*Last Christmas - Jimmy Eat World
*12 Days Of Christmas - Relient K

Honorable Mentions :

*every other Christmas-themed song by Relient K
*Yule Shoot Your Eye Out - Fall Out Boy (okay... it's not a cover... but I still love it)
*Baby, Come Home - Anberlin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I want for Christmas from the little girl in Love Actually. :) (I don't know her name)

Brian Miller said...

Melikalikimaka by Jimmy Buffett

I have some old Perry Como vinyls of Christmas songs if anyone still has a spinner and needle. It was a White Elephant gift...really.