3/20/09

jake - 1, sickness - 1

I rarely ever get sick... maybe once a year, and it can range from a small cold to a bed-ridden nasty sickness. SO for me to have been sick TWICE already this year? Unheard of! I gave myself 1 point in this battle versus illnesses.... because I fought off the first cold by just going about my daily routines as usual, giving it the old "cold shoulder" treatment.. if you will.

I guess I should have at least acknowledged the sickness by acting like it affected me, maybe even taken some medicine to fake it out like I was unable to fight back.... cuz I think I hurt it's feelings. The 2nd attempt came it me like an act of revenge.

Out were the sniffles & coughs.... in came the stomach virus o' doom! I had boldly sat in the face of my mother's sickness Friday & Saturday, keeping an eye on her and lending a helping hand when needed.. and proceeded about the rest of my weekend as usual. Fast forward to Sunday night... relaxing amongst friends & watching movies, when the sickness (or what I presume was the sickness) joined forces with the good-intentioned home-cooking of my good friend's sister... and totally ravaged my stomach. First I was merely tired & less-than-talkative.. which I shrugged off because I was slightly tired already. Then came the dizzyness while I sat on the sidelines using the internet, as the gang battled it out on the XBox 360.. which I also shrugged off as staring too long at the screen. But it finally hit home, as soon as I logged out and got off the laptop... that I was down the steps and into the bathroom, losing my lunch & dinner in one fell swoop. It struck again @ 4am, long after I had returned home to recover... and left me down for the count all of Monday and some of Tuesday. I'm still feeling the side-effects of trying to catch up on sleep, get back on my regular eating habits, and getting back in the swing of work. There ya go, team sickness... 1 point for you.

So yes, lesson learned. I can't always shrug these sicknesses off like buzzing lil mosquitoes. I am *takes a deep breath*.... merely human. There! I said it!

Okay... I should really be sleeping if I'm to be taking this recovery seriously haha... g'nite!

1 comment:

Brian Miller said...

hoping your mutant healing factor kicks in soon!