3/4/09

a day in the life

I've definitely had a more noticeable skip & hop in my step this week (for obvious reason... see previous posts in case you're out of the loop). It's such a breeze... just coasting along through a shift @ work, humming whatever song is in my head.. or playing in the restaurant @ the moment. I was swarmed by almost everyone there, asking what slapped the big stupid grin on my face that wasn't going away... and I gladly filled them in on the blessing of having Mary in my life, and just the joys of life in general. While talking to one of the bartenders and the finance manager, we actually spun off talk of my relationship & started talking about God & religion. It was amazing... and very interesting hearing their perspectives on life, and letting them know what I thought in terms of my personal faith in Christ. People are constantly seeking for some sort of direction. These types of conversations are too spaced out, few and far between, and need to happen much more often. I love knowing that God's love is evident in my life without saying anything, and being able to use that when co-workers & people in general ask why I am the way I am. It's all God and none of me in the equation.

Welp, the work day came & went.. then it was time to face the frigid cold. Headed home to relax & power-nap for a few, then started on more LU-related shtuff before heading out to a friend's pad for some hang-time & cinematic enjoyment. Now here I am back @ home... catching up on all the usual online fun of facebook/myspace/blogger & all my music & movie news.

Mary & I have been talking about our crazy dreams alot lately... so I'm going to attempt to jot mine down & blog about them too (we'll see how well that goes... I'm gunna try! don't hold me to it just yet haha).... but just know that they tend to be very epic in nature... and VERY random & scatter-brained.

I'll close out with a video I came across today (props to Timmy B) that absolutely made me laugh quite hard. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Rob said...

Good stuff. It sounds like you had a great conversation at work. The video is crazy. Is that the lady's house? She is the cat lady but in a crazy outfit.

Brian Miller said...

love these kinds of conversations. it's funny to read your voice teh last couple days and hear the big cheesy smile. lol.

jake (to the) holla said...

Rob, yeah I'm pretty sure that's the lady's house..... I'm sure that original news special was about condemning that place lol.

Brian, yeah I'm sure it's very evident lol. There's no way I could hide the big cheesy smile, even through my blogs haha