3/4/10

let's get dangerous

Come across any bold quotes lately that have really stuck out to you, and really got you thinking?

Safe to say that happened to me in class today. The professor listed off 6+ different quotes pertaining to spiritual warfare... but this one really stood from the pack, for me personally.

"I pray that when I die, all of hell will rejoice that I am no longer in the fight" - C.T. Studd

So often in my life, I find myself struggling with this underlying draw to just settle for the mediocre... simply being okay with just taking the easy-going approach to living. It may not seem like it, considering I do my best to highlight the (hopefully) above-average & often crazy things that I think about or experience... but leaning towards settling for less is prevalent enough in my life. Definitely enough for it to be an issue that needs striking back at. At no point, in the moments that I get lazy & distracted, do I feel even remotely close to being considered a threat to Satan and his every attempt to cripple & demotivate believers in Christ.

"For our struggle is not against flesh & blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual force of evil in the heavenly realms"
-Ephesians 6:12

The term "spiritual warfare" alone says volumes about living every single day as a Christian. The battles, the struggles, the conflicts.... they're constantly being waged all around us. I don't want to be sitting idly on the sidelines, or foolishly pretending that none of that is even taking place. I want to be a dangerous contender in the fight. Mediocrity is GARBAGE.... I'm sick of having that outweigh the outstanding/significant accomplishments made possible through Christ in my life.

I want to ignore the easy route. I want to strive towards erasing those stylized "Hollywood" depictions of the spiritual/supernatural clash between Heaven & Hell... to the point where it seems to be nothing more than a story or the plot to a movie.

It's time to get real. It's time to get dangerous

2 comments:

Brian Miller said...

that quote rocks my world...so easy to slip into mediocrity and never realise it until you get a wake up call like this...

Rob said...

Most excellent quote. Recent quote by Andy Stanley that I thought was really good - "Are you trying to pray your way out of something you behaved your way into."