2/18/10

random blurb time (2-18-10)

*Definitely a fan of the increase in sunshine + slight increase in warmth. The frigid snowy days wore out their welcome QUICK

*Speaking of the weather, it bewilders me that people on campus are so dedicated to fashion that the temperature outside isn't taken into consideration... in the least. Of course by "people" I mean girls. Skirts and total lack of leg warmth when it's below 30?? I don't get it...

*I have a fascination with wearing big, thick, lens-less glasses. Not really sure why, but it's fun regardless


Maybe it's some sort of Clark Kent syndrome...


*Shaun White's gold-medal halfpipe run last night..... insaaaaaane. I can't even fathom being able to do that, much less even being able to stay on a board in the first place. Check nbcolympics.com for the video if you didn't see it live

 Pretty sure I want this on a t-shirt

*Guest speaker in my EVAN 101 class today had to wake this guy up twice during class. That's just plain embarassing.

*The band Say Anything's frontman, Max Bemis, recently re-opened his online song shop. Basically, you buy a personalized song written, performed, and recorded by Max himself. You simply write 1-to-2 paragraphs about an issue you're dealing with, something you're excited about, or really just anything you feel needs to be lyricized and made into a song. We're not talking about one of those cheap Wal-Mart cd's you buy for a child that has their name inserted into nursery rhymes. Sure, it's $150... but for fans of the band, that's an extremely cool memento to have.

*I've been craving Panera ever since going with Abby this past Valentine's weekend. Made it happen yesterday. Turkey artichoke panini = WOW (especially if you're a fan of spinach artichoke dip)

*There are numerous "cult classic" and/or must-see movies that I'm realizing I've never seen. I watched Fight Club for the first time last night. My head still kinda hurts... such a strangely deep movie.

*LU's CollegeForAWeekend is this weekend. Concerts, sporting events, and more are planned around these twice-a-semester recruitment weekends for high schoolers to come experience the college life from Thursday til Sunday. Normally I wouldn't care all that much, but this time my "lil bro" Jacob Ray is coming to crash with me for the CFAW experience. Stoked!

*2 more posts... and then the big 200! Get ready....

3 comments:

Brian Miller said...

dude, whites run was sick...taking some heat for that conversation with his coach...lol.

was nice to see the sun today, but my feet are freezing from walking in the snow though.

Rob said...

Love the randomness.

Jacob Ray said...

i like all of this, especially the last paragraph

due to the fact that i'm sitting right next to you as multiple peeps watch people go down the flex, that's all i'll say, because A) that's all i have to say, and B) i could just tell you in person