2/10/10

ABC's... hooray!

If you've known me for more than a week, you know I love to talk about & suggest things that I really enjoy at the moment (and overall in life). So the thought just came to mind.... why not throwdown with a huge ABC-themed list of stuff YOU should check out (or it may serve as a reminder about something you've forgotten!)


Here goes nothin...


A- After Edmund (afteredmund.com) - amazing band, super down-to-earth, and totally in touch with their fan-base & potential fans via Facebook/Twitter. They played my home church back in the 757 on Halloween and it was quite the experience. Check these guys outttt!
B- Burritos - whether @ Moe's or Chipotle.... these tasty delights are a surefire way to extinguish those hunger yearnings. Healthy? Nope. Amazing? YES.
C- Comic books - what can I say? I'm a geek. Every Wednesday (aka the day new comics are released) is like a mini-holiday. Currently at the top for me : Spiderman, Iron Man, Captain America, Deadpool
D- Dogs - I miss mine, and they're better than cats. 'Nuff said. (I'm biased, b/c my cat is pure evil)
E- Ed Helms (aka Andy Bernard from The Office) - just plain hilarious addition to The Office. You may recognize him from The Daily Show/The Hangover... and his a capella stylings as Andy are just good stuff.
F- Family Force 5 (myspace.com/familyforce5) & Four Year Strong (myspace.com/fouryearstrong) - 2 more incredible bands to check out. FF5 = mix of dance/synth/rock and the best live show in the land, and FYS = pop-punk meets hardcore w/ gang vocals & power choruses aplenty
G- Golf (frisbee) - okay I'm slightly cheating with this one, since it's technically a 3rd "F" addition... but oh well. Frisbee Golf is wicked fun... whether you have mad skill or just go to kill some stress with friends. Don't knock it until you try it.
H- Hoodies - my absolute favorite part of fall/winter. They're gradually catching up to t-shirts/sunglasses in my world, and I just got a new one (a Four Year Strong hoodie, in fact) that very well could be my favorite clothing purchase in a long long time. Comfort. Like. Whoa.
I- Igloos - in case you get more snow, or have enough now to make one.... do it! I haven't made one this season... but I did stand on top of one and poke a hole through the ceiling. Whoops...
J- jakeholla.com - shameless plug for this here blog o' mine.... had to do it.
K- Kid's movies - whether new releases or classics from your childhood... who doesn't enjoy some quality kid's movies? I could definitely kick back and watch such personal faves as The Rescuers Down Under, Milo & Otis, Aladdin, or basically any Pixar movie ever made.
L- Letter Kills - a short-lived but incredible band that I still love to this day (their 1 album "The Bridge" is quality stuff). I was just talking to a friend about them earlier, and how great it is that the lead singer is now the lead for The Wedding.
M- Moo'ing - why not flip a boring and/or awkward situation around by making a cow noise? Or maybe rolling down your car window and moo at pedestrians. The possibilities are endless!
N- Narnia - keep checking your closet. You never know.....
O- Orange soda - I go through phases with soda, and I feel a return-to-orange-soda phase coming on in the near future. I'll immediately switch to something else if those FANTA!FANTA! singers appear. Not having any of that nonsense.
P- People-watching - the world is a weird, interesting, colorful, random place. Forget tv! Just go to the mall or a park and simply.... watch.
Q- Quiet - ever driven anywhere in complete silence? Or just gone somewhere outside where the noise pollution is at minimum, or non-existent? Give it a shot... it's especially good for devotions, studying, and/or retaining some sanity on a stressful day.
R- Reading - my old habit is back, and that's a good thing. Currently reading Francis Chan's "Crazy Love" and "The Road by Cormac McCarthy.
S- Sleds - if you didn't go sledding during all this crazy snowstorm chaos... you better hope it snows again! I went several times over the weekend, and it was totally worth the blunders & freezing temperatures. I opted for the round-disc type o' sled, in case you were wondering.
T- Twitter - (twitter.com/jakeholla) - yet another social-networking phenomenon that I avoided at first but eventually buckled and made an account. Follow me, shyeah?? And make one if you haven't already... peeeeer pressure!
U- Umbrellas - this is simply a reminder to myself to find mine or buy a new one. All this freezing rain/snow/sleet has been a bit much... and I'm a fan of being dry.
V- Vitamin Water - it's my refreshment fix, and it has been for quite some time now. I still owe my love for this quality drink to my ever-so-amazing girlfriend! Great... now I'm thirsty...
W- Wikipedia - my go-to source for defeating any brain-farts & curious moments throughout the day.
X- X-Men - the first 2 movies? OH yes. The third movie & the Wolverine spin-off? Ehh... I'll stick to the first 2, and the comics.
Y- Youtube - specifically this video (click and enjoy)
Z- Zach Galifianakis - crazy beard / absurd stand-up comedy / ridiculous movie-roles

Phewww... hope you enjoyed the list, found some new stuff to check out, and re-discovered something in the process. That's a wrap!

2 comments:

Brian Miller said...

now i know my ABCs next time won't you sing with me...

Rob said...

That is most excellent. I may have to steal this idea. I'll give you credit.