2/15/10

necessary reminder

Romans 5:3-5
"More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."

I needed those verses today. I've come a long way in my growth in the areas of patience/endurance.... but that doesn't mean I'm invulnerable to being affected by such issues. I still struggle with being steadfast at times, and with my current car issues (and long history of problems with past vehicles) it's become more evident that God uses this aspect of my life to reaaaally test me & grow me. No complaints, though, because I'm blessed to even have a means of transportation in the first place... and also because I've grown accustomed to having car problems. It doesn't really catch me off guard or surprise me anymore haha. Regardless, if you have a moment or want to jot down a prayer request for later... I'd appreciate some prayer for my endurance in standing strong amidst car-based frustrations, and also that this particular car is either fixable or something else works out in due time.


Meanwhile, I'm still tremendously psyched that I got to "surprise"-visit Abby in PA this past weekend! The original plan of attending the next2010 conference together in Alexandria fell through due to a weather-based cancellation. My surprise was semi-effective, yet totally worthwhile. I'll continue plotting for an opportunity to bring my A-game in the field of wicked good surprises.


Welp, that's all for now. I'll be in the lab working on a means of summoning Captain Planet if you need me.


Maybe he can eradicate this snow.... (wishful thinking)

3 comments:

Brian Miller said...

what a cool surprise...adn glad the verses were there when you needed them...and if you do conjure captain planet...can i watch?

Rob said...

Good surprise. Out of all the super heroes you can conjure up why Captain Planet? It's funny if you are trying to be funny.

jake (to the) holla said...

@brian haha yes of course. also a must-film for youtube purposes

@rob no worries, definitely meant for the humor-aspect. and for the green mullet enjoyment