6/5/09

Slumber Activities

Sleep. It's a sacred thing that refuels us, whether in nap-form or extended into night-time slumber. It's also characterized individually by strange subconscious actions. I've always known that, on occasion, I talk in my sleep. I have a couple friends who sleep-walk. There's even plenty of stories that come to mind immediately of hilarious things friends have said to me while on trips or during movie-nights @ someone's house (ex: "I wanna shave a sheep plaid" by way of Austin Evans' sleep talk). Welp.... I apparently have a new slumber activity. I awoke this morning, and reached for my phone... only to find that it wasn't in it's usual spot. I checked my other side, and sure enough there it was. I had left it plugged in overnight, and for some reason it was flipped open. Here's the kicker : I seem to have purchased the ringtone for Elton John's "Bennie & the Jets" while asleep. You may recall that in my previous post, I mentioned that this song has been stuck in my head all week.... so at least this makes sense. I just hope this doesn't become a common occurrence, as amusing as this discovery was, because my cell phone bill will truly suffer the consequences.

Do you have any strange slumber activities, or stories of weird things you've said or overheard... or sleep-walking friends you've encountered & helped get back to the bed or couch? Do tell.

2 comments:

dp said...

My wife once said in her sleep that she was getting a gift for her sister, got up walked across the room got a candlestick, came back and laid down with it. I promptly took it away, because I was afraid it was all part of her plan to "sleep kill" me. It had a sharp point, but even without the sharp point and the potential of being stabbed, I've played clue. I know what you can do with a candlestick.

dp said...

Nice Jake, you don't have a word scramble, I like that.