5/18/10

AND so it begins

And by "it", I mean "SUMMER 2010".... ohhhhh yes

Day 2 on the job here @ Liberty Baptist (summer intern w/ the student ministry!) and it's already been a fantastic week. Lots of big things in store for the coming months... especially with this brand spankin' new student center officially open for use.


This place blew my mind the second I walked in the doors! It's absolutely unreal... and to see how amped the youth are to utilize this place to bring their friends, and to impact this peninsula for God's glory.... it's just amazing. Friday night is gonna be ridiculous... the grand opening + After Edmund in concert to officially kick-off the building being open.

Anyways, I've got my starter bulk o' countdowns for the near future. The rest of May until mid-August is lookin' SO good!

*3 days til the LSM Grand Opening event
*21 days til I experience Conan O'Brien liiiive in D.C.
*35 days til summer camp @ Wake Forest
*80 days til my 1 year anniversary w/ Abby!
*84 days til the Something Corporate reunion tour concert in D.C.
*90 days til myself & @kdoyon begin our jobs with LU Student Activities!

(and muuuuch more scattered all throughout)

Welp, that's all for now... back to the drawing board for some secretive event-planning here @ LSM

7 comments:

Rob said...

Very nice. I want to come visit the LBC and check that place out. I'm excited for you guys!

Sam said...

It was good to see you on Sunday, Jake! The student center is pretty awesome & I know you'll be a great intern for the youth!! I'm sure I'll see ya soon.

Holly said...

Chyeah! That student center is awesome! Congrats on that internship. Looks like its gonna be and is fun so far!

Unknown said...

Awesome stuff. Hope God uses that place for life change ! What camp are you headed to at Wake?

jake (to the) holla said...

@Eric - I'm not sure if it's a specific camp, I just know we'll be on campus

Unknown said...

Good stuff. give me shout when you're down this way. I'm 5 minutes from Wake

SJS said...

Definitely wish we could have a Rock & Rollerskating party in there.