4/19/10

hakuna matata, fer sure

Worrying is pointless (as I've said many times before)... especially when there's blatant reasons stacked in your favor.
 
real-life Timon & Pumbaa!

The point is... I got the summer job! I will be interning with the ridiculously top-notch student ministry back home @ Liberty Baptist, as they gear up for a huge summer (new student center opening the week after I start in mid-May). I guess I was less worried that I wouldn't get this job.... but rather, I was more worried I'd have to crawl back to Friday's and spend another summer doing the restaurant thing all over again. Not that working at a restaurant is a bad thing! I've just closed that door and don't have any intentions of opening it again... unless it's an absolute must. I cherish my years working @ TGIF, and all the awesome people I met and friendships I still have... definitely a rewarding experience, and it truly stretched me as a person and I feel better for it. Plus I know what it's like to be in a server's shoes now, after several years waiting tables... and will forever tip graciously, regardless of the circumstances.

*In closing... I leave you with some countdowns:

4 days until I head to PA to see Abby!

10 days until a concert-tastic weekend in VA Beach (and hopefully Jersey!)

17 days until Iron Man 2 hits theaters!

24 days until my summer begins!

49 days until Conan O'Brien's live tour in D.C.!

5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

cha-ching!

Stephen Haggerty said...

Stoked about the co co tour as well. Don't know that I'll be able to see it, but happy nonetheless. Congrats on the job! Say hello to old LBC for me!

Anonymous said...

Jake,

I am very glad you got the job working with them this summer! I have been telling you for YEARS I thought God was calling you that way, I am glad you are listening to Him!

God Bless,

Brian

Abby said...

since you know how it is serving, then you can come see me at red lob and tip me properly ;)

Rob said...

Very excited about the summer. Can't wait till Iron Man 2. Since you are going to be in the 757 we need to hang. Maybe lunch at Chipotle? Think about it.