4/27/10

first-time experience

While visiting Abby this weekend in PA, we went to a carnival near the Penn State football stadium. Amidst all the rides, carnival games, and food vendors... there was one thing that stuck out like it never has before.

the FERRIS WHEEL


Was there something different about it compared to other ferris wheels? Did it look all shiny and neat? Was it faster than normal? Exactly why did this ferris wheel stick out to me?

Plain and simple.... I suddenly realized that I'd NEVER been on one before! It wasn't a case of fear, or dis-interest in riding one in the first place... I guess I just never thought about it until right then & there while roaming the carnival grounds with Abby. Without further delay, we snagged some ride-tickets and got on board. It also helped that we got there as the carnival was winding down.... so there wasn't a line! I'm a fan of sweet rides with no lines.

Side note: I also experienced the un-healthy glory of fried oreos for the first time on that same night. WOW... they were almost too amazing

Anywho, is there anything that comes to mind for YOU that falls under the category of something you've never experienced/eaten/watched.... for no other reason other than you've just never really thought about it? Post your responses in the replies!

2 comments:

Brian Miller said...

fried oreos...i have never had one of those...i want one...

Anonymous said...

You've never tried a fried oreo even at Purple Door? That was the first place I'd ever even seen them. Soo good!