1/28/10

if i had left 5 minutes earlier...

I tend to wait until the last minute to leave for almost anything, but mainly class each day. This often backfires on me in a wide array of ridiculous and frustrating ways.... and yet I persist with this bad habit. This happens often enough, so here's a list of issues that I (most likely) would've avoided... if I had left 5 minutes earlier.

____________________


















____________________

-my car wouldn't overheat from not allowing myself the time to put antifreeze/coolant in before leaving

-I wouldn't find myself stuck behind a double-wide mobile home being hauled down my route to school

-drive-thru breakfast would be a realistic option

-finding a parking spot might be somewhat less of a hassle (and I wouldn't rush down a lane and miss a chance at someone backing out right after I passed)

-necessary books/supplies wouldn't be forgotten in the rush from car to classroom

-I could finish listening to that empowering Kelly Clarkson ballad in the car rather than cutting it short and being left unfulfilled

-there would be more time (and desire) to give jumping high-fives to random students on the sidewalk

-I would feel less stressed & overwhelmed, and more in tune with being thankful to God for another day to be alive and glorify Him throughout

____________________

Anybody else have this problem?? Feel free to share any ridiculously frustrating stuff you've experienced in the past that could've been avoided by simply leaving earlier

3 comments:

Brian Miller said...

dude, any time i leave late...murphy's law bites me a big one!

Brandon said...

I wrote the book on tardiness, but I gave it to the publishing company too late so they never printed it.

Rob Russo said...

Of course there is the other way to look at it. If you left 5 minutes earlier you might have been in the wreck you just passed, etc.