8/7/08

say it with me... perseverance!

The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
Deuteronomy 31:8


Phew.. I need that tattooed on my forearm, as a constant reminder to ball up everything that's causing any hint of worry/fear/frustration in my life.. and just let it all go (easier said than done, i know)

Regardless, I'm content in knowing that everything happens for a reason... whether it's something I realize & learn from a week later... or something that comes full circle 4 years later and hits me like a brick to the forehead. Life is a constant struggle... we're either recovering from a battle, in the midst of one, or preparing for the next... it's all in how you prepare yourself. I find my peace in the fact that I'm not alone in anything I face. God will always provide a means to overcome.. and I couldn't be more uplifted by that.

One aspect of God watching my back is the blessings of friends He's put into my life over the years. There's no way I'd be where I am or who I am right now if not for that. God is constantly keeping me in check through advice/accountability in my friendships... and always blessing me when I'm able to be a listening ear or a mouthpiece of advice in return... and He brings to light so many lessons learned, that sometimes I don't realize until the moment I'm talking about them, when being there for someone else & giving any advice/help I can. I know that I can't sit there and talk about dealing with a situation in the way Christ would want us to... and then fail to live up to the same words-of-wisdom when I'm faced with a hardship or obstacle in my path.

This summer has been full of great memories, on so many different levels. Hilarious moments, inside jokes, crazy occurrences, amazing conversations, strengthening of friendships, concerts/movies/etc... you name it. But none of that would have any shred of significance without the friends that were a part of every single memory and experience. I can't thank God enough for the people He's brought into my life... new or old. I wake up each morning (or afternoon.....) knowing that I'm not alone.. because God is always in control.. and because He's surrounded me with so many uplifting and outstanding friends to keep me positive and on track with just being me. I'll never be thankful enough.. and that's just how it is.

And that.... is how I shall conclude this blog. Time to embrace some slumber.

Oh, and I'd be ecstatic to have any feedback/comments on this new blog o' mine!

Okay, I'm really done now.

- j a k e -

No comments: