8/4/10

Summer, what happened??

I feel wrong for saying this... but I'm ready for summer to be over. Don't get me wrong, I love not having to wake up for class... worry about papers & projects... or stressing over finances with books & supplies... and I absolutely love all the time spent with friends/family that I don't get to see when the semester is in full swing...

BUT! The weather this summer? Completely ridiculous. I'm shocked that I didn't get sick from the back & forth changes between enjoyable and totally miserable. I would be the happiest person ever if the weather would just stay between 70-75 degrees, and NO HUMIDITY. I despise humidity. I feel like a freak when the heat/humidity combo causes me to sweat by simply just walking around outside. In my mind, I shouldn't be sweating unless I'm doing something strenuous or extreme. I love being comfortable outside (not too cold, not too hot)... to the point of wearing a t-shirt & shorts during the daytime, and maybe a hoodie at night if I feel like it.

Phew... okay now that all of that is outta the way... I had a fantastic summer!
  • midnight movies (for the most part...*ahem* The Last Airbender... BLAH)
  • concerts & live shows
  • road trips (especially to PA!)
  • all things LSM (work, events, trips, etc)
  • ultimate frisbee & disc golf
  • theme park enjoyment (Busch & Kings Dominion)
  • sleeping in on Friday/Saturday mornings
Etcetera! It's been a jam-packed season that definitely flew by at hyper speed. Hope yours has been just as enjoyable, if not moreso!

1 comment:

Rob said...

Summer has been good. I just got a cold. I don't know if it's from the temp change, but summer colds just shouldn't exist.