8/22/10

random blurb time (8-22-10)

*August is almost over. What the heck??

*I need to start planning ahead for times like these past 2 weeks, where I'm slam-busy with packing & working & moving stuff back here to Lynchburg... I feel that I'm losing blog-followers with the big gaps in-between posts

*It's been a hectic week, in the best way! I started my new job as an event planner with Student Activities here @ Liberty University, and it's been fantastic so far. We worked 50+ hours this week with a total of 9 events during Freshman Orientation Week. I love this job already (seriously)

Majority of us LU S.A. staffers on the football field with Sparky the mascot

My desk (in the process of being personalized & decorated)


*Speaking of these events, we held 3 karaoke events in the campus dining hall. As you can imagine, the awkward freshman provided some golden moments as they fumbled over their choice songs. We even managed to get a guy & his mom to sing a duet ("Lean On Me")

*Moved into a new place closer to campus, and my 4 roommates are a quality bunch of dudes. Our backyard is Peaks View Park, so I have plenty of trails to ride my new bike on (even though it's a beach cruiser... don't hate, I love it)... AND direct access to some disc golf anytime I want. This year is going to be superb.

*Classes start this week... luckily my actual first day of class isn't until Tuesday. Phewww... plenty of time to get my parking pass & last book @ the bookstore. I may need to carry a Nerf sword with me to fight through the crowds tomorrow to get that final book for my Digital Illustration class

*The annual LU Block Party is this coming Saturday (the 28th), and one of my all-time favorite bands is headlining the event! Family Force 5, that is. Their live show is something to be seen & experienced, whether you dig their music or not

*I bought some Lego's the other day for the heck of it. Still just as fun as they were when I was a wee 'lil Jake. Believe it.


-That's all for today, time to go slave over some more piles of laundry. Thanks for stickin' with me thru the frequent periods of non-blogging!

3 comments:

Brian Miller said...

we play legos all the time...they rock...so you are back?

jake (to the) holla said...

sure am! lovin bein back here

Rob said...

That job sounds perfect for you. How'd you score it?