12/8/09

passionate much?

everybody has their something (or somethings) that they're passionate about

for me?

(1) i'm passionate about music. staying up to date on the latest news about my favorite bands, or up & coming new artists. going to concerts & getting hyped in that live music environment. getting the opportunity to meet bands face-to-face and interact with the members on a more personal level, sometimes fleeting but sometimes quality conversations & memories. also, it's a rare moment if i'm not singing along or full-on jamming out in the car while driving anywhere. it's no wonder my iTunes library has breached the 10,000 song mark... and will continue to grow

(2) i'm passionate about my friends & family. i've got alot to work on with the latter, but the former gets quite a bit of effort & attention on a daily basis. i love them all dearly... and i get a thrill out of making plans, getting people together, sharing moments & laughs together. that spills over into the amazing time over the past year & beyond of helping & seeing the college ministry @ LBC grow into something legitimate and worthwhile. i'm also passionate about the daily moments & joyful times making my long-distance relationship work like it has. Abby is a constant blessing & finds her own joy & amusement out of my quirks & randomness... and I can't be thankful enough for that haha. She's incredible, and I love the fact that we click so well together and that God provides us with the opportunities & means of making things work so wonderfully.

(3) i'm passionate about my opportunity to invest in the lives of the youth back home @ LBC. do i always succeed? heck no, i'm human and i screw up too... sometimes forgetting the fact that people look up to me... or hold me to a certain standard of behavior & living. but nonetheless, i absolutely love my time spent with that whole group... old & new faces alike. God is working in huge ways in that ministry. i can't stress it enough how blessed those students are to have the leadership they do in Ben, John Paul, Christina, and all the volunteers & teachers. one of my top reasons to be excited about going home is the fact that i'll get to spend time with as many of the students & leaders as possible.

(4) i'm passionate about the little things in my life that i enjoy when free time is available. whether it's reading comic books, watching tv shows like The Office or Heroes, playing ultimate frisbee, etc.... i'd be miserable without stuff like that. it may sound corny or semi-ridiculous, but I'm very thankful to God that he created a world where each individual person can thrive & be passionate about the little things in life that get them excited or help them relax & forget about the day-to-day stress.

so now... more importantly... what are YOU passionate about?

2 comments:

Brian Miller said...

great post and a great list...i am passionate about my family...about finally writing my book...about breathing life in each and every day...and keep the real things real in my life...

Rob said...

I'm passionate about my wife, the Lakers, Chipotle, and movies.