5/30/09

i'm a fan of the outdoors

It dawned on me recently how much I rely on the outdoors for my personal well-being.

*I'm always in a better mood if it's sunny outside

*Many of my favorite places are all outside (Yorktown Beach, City Center, the VA Beach boardwalk, Kiln Creek Park, etc etc)

*I've lost 15-ish lbs mainly from all the outdoor frisbee games each week

*If I want to relax, and don't end up sitting in Barnes & Noble... chances are I'm outside somewhere

*I love bonfires, star-gazing, hiking, aimless nature wandering, etc (going camping next weekend with 20+ ppl from the college group.... stoked!!)

*one of my favorite pastimes as a child, that still carries over to the here & now, is climbing trees. i can't resist a good climbing-tree... i just can't


I leave you with this quote from comedian Demetri Martin (hilarious)
"“I wanna make a jigsaw puzzle that’s 40,000 pieces. And when you finish it, it says ‘go outside

2 comments:

Brian Miller said...

love the outdoors as well. went fishing today with one of the boys i am counseling. sitting by the river as it rolls by...actually caught a lot, but it would not have mattered...relaxing.

need to post pics of the car smashing!!

jake (to the) holla said...

alas... i was too busy playing staff/volunteers vs students in a big soccer game. and i left my camera in the car... blast! but the car smashing was epic. we have a dedicated mini-crew of students who love salvaging random parts that they bash off the car lol...