5/4/09

wrap around

"wrap your head around this"

I find myself having to wrap my head around situations more & more lately in life. The thought of going back to school next year? Easier to comprehend... but the fact that I won't be doing so in the comfort of my usual surroundings in the 757? That's a bit tougher to truly grasp right now. It's even somewhat hard to imagine I'll be in Canada at this time next Sunday... for the first "college mission trip" with the still-freshly-formed college group @ LBC. And yet there's other times where I'm not caught off guard, or unable to really "wrap my head around" something.... especially when it comes to concerts and whatnot. I'm very used to the uncanny "luck" (side-note : the concept of "luck" is bogus... it's just an easy phrase to throw around... so sue me) that I seem to have with meeting the bands I love, or finding my way backstage via volunteering.. or VIP passes via radio contests... or just being in the right place at the right time. I'm sure you've heard plenty of my stories along those lines if you've known me for a decent amount of time.

Regardless... I can't help but feel that there's a significant part of me that would rather switch the two types of situations around. Where I'm comfortable and at ease with big changes involving school, or living situations, or money, etc etc... and in turn, not used to the crazy & rare-to-come-by opportunities with the bands & concerts. It's just a thought to ponder, because I know the former will be easier to adapt & get used to as life goes on... as I experience more along those lines, and push myself out of my comfort zone with the expected changes we all experience as we live our lives.

Speaking of those crazy concert situations.... I'll close this entry out with round 2 of the on-stage red shorts antics that occurred this past Friday @ the Norva. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Brian Miller said...

nice vid. i hear your heart in this post. at times find myself there as well, but the more i intentionally switch them around, the easier it becomes. time will tell. nice post!

Josh Haynes said...

Wrap your mind around this. You + me + Lynchburg, VA = anarchy. Get pumped, motha licka.

Brian Miller said...

hey. where you been bro? living off your twitter feed here. t-minus how long until you hit the Burg?