10/22/08

Let's play TAAAAG

Here are the rules:
Rule #1 - Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
www.robshep.com - Rob Shepherd himself hath tagged me. Check out his blog, cuz he blogs waaay more than I do... and about anything & everything. It doesn't bite.. it's quite user-friendly.

Rule #2 - Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.

1. I got my nick-name (J-Holla or Jake Holla... your choice) in a not-so-exciting way. My high school log-in username for the library was jacholla (it took the first 3 letters of your first name / first 5 letters of your last)..... and I was amused by the portion of my last name being "holla". The rest, as they say, is history.

2. I've seen the majority of my favorite bands (Relient K, Brand New, Cartel, Family Force 5, Taking Back Sunday, Jimmy Eat World, etc) a minimum of 3 times & a maximum of 8 times. I'm a concert-a-holic... I love music in a live-setting and the unmatched level of energy during a great concert.

3. On the same note... I've had the opportunity to meet almost all of my fave bands, whether under the usual conditions of waiting outside the venue after the concert.. or under more unique circumstances (Relient K in a Chick-Fil-A, several bands backstage @ festivals like Warped Tour, onstage with several diff. bands @ Warped '04 and '05, backstage with Fall Out Boy @ the Va Beach Ampitheater, and so on...)

4. I greatly enjoy going to Barnes & Noble, grabbing a stack of comics/magazines/books, and finding any spot available to sit & read for hours on end. Sometimes I'll throw my iPod into the mix and make a playlist for that particular chill-session. This habit is partially the reason why I got re-hooked on comic books back in 2005.

5. At any given time, I have around 3 or 4 cuts & bruises. It's a rough life of ultimate frisbee, capture-the-flag, intense concerts, and all-around ridiculous behavior. I currently have a scrape on my elbow from being dropped during a mischief-sesh of scaring people while wearing masks @ Yorktown beach, a cut on my left leg from being nailed with a frisbee point-blank, and 3 mystery cuts/scrapes from... well.. I have no idea. You get the idea. This trend resulted in a broken leg in Sept. '07, as many of you know, from a tragic leap off the hood of a moving vehicle.

6. I'm fascinated by the unknown and I love watching shows on the Discovery Channel / Sci Fi / TLC like Monster Quest (Bigfoot's real... just accept it and move on). It's probably due to my overly-active imagination... and I'm often curious & pondering the what-if's of weird/strange/unnatural myths & local tales. And yes, I was disappointed by yet another hoax recently... with the "Georgia Gorilla" having been proven fake. Thanks alot, you deceptive fools, for dashing my hopes upon the rocks.

7. I once ran away in 3rd grade after being sent to my room for talking back to my parents. I packed my Goosebumps backpack, climbed out the first floor window, hid behind the garbage can around the corner... and lasted about 20 minutes before I broke into tears and wanted to go back inside. Too bad my parents locked the door to teach me a lesson (lol)... and finally let me back in before the neighbors freaked out from a small child crying outside @ 11pm. Lesson learned, right thurr.

Rule #3 - Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their posts.

Welp.... I only know a small handful that have blogger accounts... so I shall re-post this on Facebook/MySpace

1 comment:

David Ferrell said...

Guess what? I have a blogger account. You should check it out! Later, Jake.

-Ferrell