7/6/10

The Last Airbender (belated review)


Review: Go see Toy Story 3 instead, whether you've seen it already or not. You'll feel much better about yourself, and the money you spent, and about cinema in general. Pixar never fails. Shyamalan does. This movie looks great, but has no heart... no beneficial substance to it... and the pacing / story-telling is just plain amateur. I should've gone with my gut-instinct and backed out of my plans to see the midnight release last week. Oh well, I'll be more prepared *if* there's a next time for Mr. Shyamalan's declining career as a director.

Shorter review: Don't see it. I'd rather bang my head against a wall covered in sandpaper for 2 hours than watch this again.

4 comments:

Brian Miller said...

oh man...he really needed a good one after the happening too...ack.

Unknown said...

My dad and I went to go see this today. I was having a fun time watching it from the viewpoint of "this is so bad that it's amazing," but a few minutes into it, Dad decided that we should see something else. So we saw Eclipse (my second time seeing it, his first). Blegh!

David Ferrell said...

I'm counting on Christopher Nolan to redeem the crappy summer blockbuster season we've been having. Iron Man 2 and Toy Story 3 were good, but they weren't spectacular in my opinion. Inception looks really good!

Rob said...

I had my doubts about this one. He's been off his game big time since signs.