7/12/09

random blurb time

it's been a busy week or so... time for some random blurbs of info

-Dalton (LBC college pastor) & Lindsay Beth's wedding was this past Friday night! lots of set-up for the wedding & reception ever since last Thursday.... didn't recognize our own church once everything was complete. congrats to the both of them, what an amazing night!

-July 4th @ Y-town beach was fantastic. 9 hrs of hang-time with the gang that ended up going... plenty of food, sunburn, ice cream, frisbee, sand, and of course fireworks. also, the detour to Williamsburg & back afterwards? a bit ridiculous. York County police need to take Detours 101 again....

-As previously blogged, I spoke on Wed. nite for the youth group service! Such an answer to prayer that everything went smoothly.... I owe alot to all the encouragement from friends & youth alike. God worked mightily and I heard some great feedback from the students, even more incredible hearing that some significant points got across to them... very uplifting message from one of the students later that night, about how she was deeply affected & getting herself back on track after realizing some issues in her own life. All God, none of me.

-Also, ultimate frisbee afterwards (and last nite, too) were incredibly intense. Blood, sweat, & tears for sure... in a good way. Maybe not so much with the tears.... but definitely some ridiculous (and amusing) collisions & almost-injuries.... phew!

-Richmond this past Thursday nite for the All Time Low / We The Kings / Cartel concert @ The National w/ J-Ray, Zach, Brelyn, and Kassy. Cartel owned all the others... plus they aren't pointless & obscene with their between-song banter... so that's a plus. Can't wait to hear their new single that premieres online tomorrow. Also, they tweet-replied to my post about them right after their set. Yep, I'm slightly gloating. Moment over.

-Taco Bell is delicious, more specifically the Cheesy Gordita Crunch (with extra baja sauce). I need to refrain, more often.... that tasty treat is my weakness.....

-Wore a new vest to the wedding... and I was so pumped on the vest I wore it again today. I'm a fan of the v-neck tee/vest combo.... makes me feel like I'm in a band. Hmm..... might need to act on that....

-Watched most of "The Lost World" again yesterday before ultimate frisbee. Pretty sure I'll always be hyped on dinosaurs. I've been a huge fan of them ever since I was little, and whether the script is up-to-par or not... I'm excited for the possible 4th Jurassic Park movie


.... okay it's nap time

2 comments:

Brian Miller said...

dinosaurs rock! sounds like you have had a great week. glad to hear your speaking engagement went so well! knew it would. smiles.

Rob Russo said...

I think we've talked about this before, but Cheesy Gordita Crunch (extra baja sauce!) is possibly the BEST menu item out there among ALL fast food joints. I sub refried beans for the meat for a little extra something something.

Do you get extra baja ON it? They usually give it to me in a little cup, which is handy for me to dip into before EVERY bite. Word.