7/18/09

curse you, fast food & soda

That's it!!! I've had enough with this feeling of iccckkk and disgust brewing inside me... every time i indulge in some Taco Bell, or Sonic, or McD's, or Wendy's... it's just not worth it. I feel like garbage right now, my stomach didn't sit well with some Taco Bell + Mountain Dew from late lunch not too long ago... 'nuff said. There was a reason I cut back BIG time on sodas & fast food for a good month or so (if not longer, i didn't do the best at keeping track after 2-weeks or so). I've probably rewound back to step 1, before I lost 15ish lbs from cutting back on all of that.. and playing some intense ultimate frisbee twice a week for several hours. I can only hope I haven't completely counter-acted all that progress, but I'm afraid to seek out a scale and find out.

Consider this day 0.5, since I'm declaring this so late into the day... but I'm not drinking anything but water for the rest of today, for starters. I'll slightly cheat by allowing my favorite Vitamin Water in on the deal (XXX blueberry pomegranate) and some watered down lemonade while at work.... and I'm not going cold turkey with fast food. Cutting back to once or twice a week MAX, then going from there. I messed up the first time around by not declaring this, thus closing myself off from being held accountable at random by people who are in-the-know. So now you know, and I'm giving you the right to check up on me at random... on blogger, on facebook, via text, WHATEVER! You've been granted a mighty task, use it wisely.

Now excuse me while I go lay down & rub my belly, and finish off this first water bottle.....

3 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ok, you posted just about 20 minutes ago...still drinking just water? smiles. discipline...a necessary evil. almost as evil as the word Gordita.

Abby said...

XXX blueberry pomegranate is NOT cheating! It's the best.

Rob Russo said...

Let me know if you need encouragement. I'm still going strong mid '09 with my New Year's resolution of no soda. I've had lots of water, some tea and one one lemonade to date. (Okay, to be honest ... a few beers, too.) But I have stayed away from soda for sure. Good luck on your endeavor!