7/21/09

day FOUR (amongst other things)

so i've made it to day 4 without any soda or fast food.... so liberating! i feel better already. keep up with any random check-ups to make sure i'm holding to it. i still haven't decided on a set timeline for this.... maybe i'll just keep going indefinitely haha.

busy day today! went to Busch Gardens with the youth group, and it's always a blast with those kids... and especially going early on a weekday. those lines were shorter than i've ever seen them. also, the Griffon should be twice as long. such a disappointingly short ride, with it being so mighty & epic. anyways, plenty of humorous moments & awkward statements made my middle schoolers.... so hard not to laugh sometimes, when the situation calls for an authoritative response.

also, saw the movie The Hurt Locker tonight @ amc. very good movie, and very realistic depiction of the war in Iraq (if not the best portrayal yet).... definitely reminded me why I will never join the military. Don't get me wrong, I come from a military family and I have great respect & appreciation for our troops.... but that's just not for me... not my calling.

ah yes, and in closing, my good friend Brandon McPherson made it to the final 10 in the Face of Fox 43 contest (here's the link). crazy! kinda makes me wish I had jumped on board this contest too. maybe next year......

3 comments:

Brian Miller said...

great job sticking with your commitment! wish i could go to busch gardens...

Josh Haynes said...

Dude you should watch this movie on hulu called Heavy Metal in Baghdad. Its about the only metal band in Iraq, but it is the best un-biased depiction of Iraq, the war, and the people I've ever seen.

no more said...

lol i had to comment on the video you posted with the wedding, i saw the preview on tv last nite but flipped it so i never got to see it. freakin hillarious i wonder if the people in the crowd knew what was coming ;o)