9/8/08

Ohhhh comic book movie rumors...

If you know me... you know I love comics. Simple as that.

I also love when comic book movies get it right. (ex. X-Men 1 & 2, The Dark Knight, Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, etc).... alas, so many of them basically ignore the source material and the movies end up total trash (ex. Spiderman 3, X-Men 3, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four, etc)

So when a rumor comes along that is just a bad idea from the get-go... it bugs me.

What's the latest rumor to hit the 'net?

Will Smith as Captain America.....

I say.... no thank you.

Marvel, you've got a great thing going with the last 2 movies you put out... so I just hope this is a rumor and nothing more. This is almost as bad as the rumor of Cher playing Catwoman in the next Batman movie (.... in NO way was that believable)

Okay, geek-rant over. Now... discuss! Agree/disagree/vent/elaborate.. anything! Lemme know what you think.. and I'll elaborate why I think this is a bad idea.
(that is, if you even know what I'm talking about... or care haha)

2 comments:

Rob said...

I've got to say that it does sound like a stretch to have Will Smith play Captain America. I think in the end though the script is the most important thing. For example before Batman first came out everyone was upset that Michael Keaton was going to play Batman. He worked as Batman...mainly because the script was amazing! My point is that if the movie stinks it won't matter who plays Captain America. But again Will Smith is a stretch.

jake (to the) holla said...

fear not, the rumor was quickly debunked... so no need to worry haha... but good point, in the end.. its the script that means everything