4/19/09

random blurbs

*As you may realize, I love sunny mid-70s weather. This weekend was yet another one of those amazing weekends of perfect beautiful weather. Plenty of outdoor time does J-Holla good

*Last night, I (along with Josh Hazel & Adam Covell) walked from the Barnes & Noble / Chick-Fil-A area on Jefferson to City Center. We soon realized that it was the perfect solution when you have those "what do we do now?" moments as a night seems to be winding down.. but you don't want it to end just yet. It felt great outside, it was a relaxing stroll, and many laughs were had. What else could we need?

*Oh... and after leaving City Center and making a 7-11 pit-stop, we cheated and got a ride back to our cars. (slightly unintentional, a friend called to see where we were.. and how could we say no to the offer?)

*Twitter is yet another internet addiction.... and I dig it. It's amusing seeing what friends find important enough to post a "tweet" about.... from what the exact moment is that they woke up, to what they're currently eating, to being proud of posting an update while brushing their teeth.... it's just fun. Also, reading the twitter-convos back & forth between celebs is quite entertaining as well

* ahem.... twitter.com/jakeholla (yay for shameless plugs)

*Speaking of what I'm currently eating/drinking.... I just had 2 Coastal Cooler Capri Suns and a pack of Sunkist gummies. Snack-tastic, I must say.

*21 days until the Toronto mission trip w/ the college group. Pushing the anxiety about financial-help aside, because God will provide if it's meant to work out. Plus... I wanna see Niagara Falls!

*12 days (?) until X-Men Origins : Wolverine. Still holding out against watching the unfinished version that leaked onto the internet. I refuse!

*Applying for loans and maneuvering thru all the steps & forms of LU financial stuff = alot to handle. Ready to be done with "financial check-in" once I lock down my off-campus housing & registering for classes. It'll be a huge sigh of relief.

*Remember that music video I was in? (read this post if not) Well it's still coming out... they're just timing it along with more music being completed. Anyways! The point of bringing this up is... the group, the Silverust, was in a battle of the bands 2nite @ the Norva, and I made my on-stage debut wearing those infamous lil red shorts. They were awesome and they won. 'Nuff said. I'll keep you posted on more related upcoming hijinks

*that's all for now. g'nite!

2 comments:

SJS said...

I yearn for summer walks and such. And you know what else?


Juuuuuuuuuuly 4th!

jake (to the) holla said...

AGREED stoked for another full day o' 4th-of-July excellence

last year was SO epic