11/10/08

No. Shave. November!

Forget Thanksgiving.... a new celebration hath trumped it with raw man-power & brute force for the title of "best thing about November"

What's that you say? I say three words to you.


No.
Shave.
November!



(Conan O'Brien's man-beard during that terrible writer's strike)

















So I've decided to take part in the celebration this year. Earlier this year I opted for No Shave November's cousin, Mustache March (which I might also celebrate in '09). I'm excited about the prospect of NSN 2008, and the joys of wearing flannel while sporting the manly scruff. (see also "man grunt", via Tool Time's Tim Taylor)

Here's my progress so far, seeing as it's now 10 days into the festive fun.


(Day 10 check-in)















So yes! Feel free to join the good times, better late than never! You won't regret how masculine & awesome you'll feel after the experience. Your girlfriend/fiance/wife may not be too thrilled.... but you can always respond with a man-grunt... a beating of the chest (gorilla style)... and then staring her down until she submits to the idea. It's worth a shot.

Besides.... it's only a month.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i shalt take part to bretheren,,,,

Brian Miller said...

Here's to hoping we do not look like Conan.

jake (to the) holla said...

agreed. no one should ever have to look like that.

MeredithTeasley said...

i totally would've gotten the day 11 check up this evening had i shown up for frisbee, but I didn't think 40 degree weather would be good for my sore throat! sleep, however, will! good luck with the facial hair.

MeredithTeasley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rob said...

I can't grow a beard! If I could I would pray about participating.