8/22/09

LU takeover

So I'm all moved in now, a bit more unpacking to do... but for the most part I'm settled & enjoying my room @ the house! I'll post pictures soon, once I take some, and maybe my address in case anybody wants to send letters, pictures, care packages, etc (wink wink).

Ran into Leverett (the roommate I had met beforehand) late thursday night, after I got back to the house from board-gaming with some friends. Hopefully his work schedule isn't too chaotic so we can hang out soon. Also finally met Dave last night, after some quality Star-Trek/Sheetz hangtime with the one & only Dan Chuuuurch. Very chill & seems like a really legit guy, looking forward to getting to know him more. The 4th guy in the house, Jason M, moves in next week at some point.

Procrastinating on buying my books, in case there ends up being any that I won't need to buy... but I'll brave the bookstore tomorrow to grab 2 or 3 of the essentials that I know I'll need. Looking to set-up a meal plan too, once Monday rolls around... and hoping to get my laptop linked up to the LU-network at some point, but for now the guest-connection will do just fine.

Weather isn't so pleasant right now, which is unfortunate because I wanted to do some outdoor exploration... or gather some people & throw around a frisbee, but I'm not too sure if the 434 weather is as spastic & quick-changing as the weather back home. Hopefully it's cleared up by tomorrow, so I can go hiking with Dan & his friends after church.

Welp.... that's all for now. I miss all you 757 ppl, can't wait for a visit from the 814 (and vice versa =) of course!), and look forward to time spent with old friends & meeting plenty new people here in the 434

1 comment:

Brian Miller said...

ok, so if you took in Star Trek you must have found the dollar theatre...one cool aspect of Lynchburg. welcome to the 434!